Updated May 18, 2010: We will reopen on May 18th. Obviously, this pandemic and the precautions it requires are fluid and evolving.
At Quality Physical Therapy Inc. (QPT), there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during these unprecedented times. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Massachusetts State Governments, and The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) have all deemed physical therapy an essential component of the healthcare system during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our Sturbridge Clinic.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient responsibility: All patients will be verbally screened upon arrival of their appointment time to make sure they are not exhibiting symptoms. If a patient is presenting with COVID-19 symptoms, they will be advised to return home and contact their physician. Patients MUST provide their own mask and wear the mask at all times during the visit.
- Staff responsibility: All employees will be verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Those presenting any level of symptoms will return home and follow up with their physician before returning to work. All Staff members will be provided a mask and required to wear the mask at all times.
- Health hygiene protocols: Ongoing reinforcement to all staff regarding hand washing and other preventative measures for equipment and supplies are in place and being reinforced.
- Treatment Rooms: Treatment rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each appointment session. Extra time will be worked into schedule to support this cleaning process.
- Check In & Waiting Room: We will be staggering appointments to limit contact and support social distancing. Once checked-in, we hope to get your session started immediately. If a wait is required, we would ask that you wait in your automobile and we will come get you.
For patients coming to Sturbridge Clinic, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well or have symptoms, please contact us and we will reschedule your appointment.
To help prevent the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and the QPT families!